As it turns out (and it comes as no surprise), hose clamps are not optional equipment on a washing machine.

I got a call from Va today while I was at work. The washing machine made a strange sound, and then sprayed water all over the floor. I suspected I knew what it was, and when I got home, I found that I was correct: I had neglected to put the hose clamps back in their proper position, so when the washer was turned on for the nth time, the fill hose came loose.

The thing that really gets me is that I remember double checking the hoses before I zipped the cabinet back together. I guess my double-check wasn’t close enough though. Not one of those four hose clamps had been put where it belonged.

It was a small matter to reattach the one that came off, and even a smaller matter to move the clamps into their proper positions. Sigh. The good thing to come from this is that I am now reminded to return the timer to Sears for a refund. I’ll try to remember to do that tomorrow.

In other news…
Today during lunch I went searching for a third geocache (I looked for two and found one on Saturday). I didn’t find it, so I’m one for three now. When I got back to the office, I read some of the comments that people who have found it left. And now I know where to look. I’ll try again tomorrow.

Advertisements