The two new tents I ordered came in today (Sierra Designs Asp 3). They are sweet! I pitched one in the living room to check it out (and to learn how to pitch one under optimal conditions). These are a lot easier to pitch than the big 8-man tents. I am very pleased with the purchase.

I also replaced the globes of the club’s two lanterns. We need to figure out a better way to transport them. They have twice slid off the shelf in the trailer, only to fall to the floor and shatter the globe. That usually takes the mantels out too.

Tomorrow Beth will be Baptized. Va bought a cake to celebrate. The church will be having a potluck afterwards too, and I always look forward to those.

Beth will need to bring a change of clothes, a swimsuit, and a towel. Our church practices full immersion baptism. She will wear a robe over her swimsuit. We have a large tank in the front of the church (usually hidden behind a large oak panel that can be opened). Tonight they will fill the tank and drop in the heater. It takes all night to heat that much water. I guess it must be about 500 gallons. (I just looked up baptismal tanks online, and yeah – that’s about right).

I’m going to try my hardest to get pictures. Whether they turn out good or bad, I’ll post them tomorrow.

Advertisements